day 2

I really can't say whether I'm withdrawaling from alcohol or I'm coincidentally becoming sick. Since I'm not very often sick, and this is one of the longer stretches of not drinking I've had since starting in earnest, I'm inclined to think it's withdrawal.

Firstly, I can smell better. This is a bad thing when using the toilet, and a good thing very rarely. Second, I crave coffee and mini-cigars. It's not by chance that AA meetings are stuffed with coffee, fatty foods and cigarette smokers. They need something. Finally, after 2 days, I'm feeling feverish and getting headaches.

It crosses my mind to drink, but I'm just about on my last dollar. I have to set the precedent now- that my priorities are to create the right conditions to drink in, rather than letting drinking set the conditions for itself.

Being a wino isn't all that bad- and having that to fall back on does give me comfort. But at the same time, I like to know that I'll continue to have a warm place to drink in.

Sorry so serious,
cobe.

No comments: