housed or out and about

I champion excess, but I’m not a champion of excess just yet. At the very least I am a contender with a lot of heart.


Another example of excess that I suggest to friends, neighbors, enemies and strangers is to exploit your location for all it’s worth. There are 2 basic locations. Home, and outside. I have always been a pretty isolated person; choosing to be home, with my toys and pets, over outside; with chain restaurants and extroverted people.


That’s not entirely true, however, because when I “hit the town” so to speak, I do it with commitment. Everyone needs to get out sometimes. When I do, I take in as much as I can, I stay out as long as possible, and I forget the comforts of home for the time being.


The trouble I see is in people not fully enjoying comfort, or novelty. It appears to me that many live in this half-way to everything bland funk. They stay home for a movie and a snack, eat out at a fast food place, return to charge their phone and go out again to a bar or other event for a couple hours before they return to watch TV, masturbate, and fall asleep. That daily routine has taken in just a little bit of everything. And a little bit of everything is not enough to count for anything.


You may watch a movie at home, but what’s it like to watch 2 seasons of a show before going outside again? Believe me, the last action is better. You may go to the pub and have a “few beers”, but what’s it like to stay until(or past) closing time and soak your brain in crazy water? Believe me, the last action is better. Being home, as well as being out and about, both have a lot to offer. Give them time and opportunity to offer it.


No comments: