bullshit

I don't know why, but I've always had a desire to create; and have had a hard time pinpointing exactly what area my "creations" would be marketable. As a result, or perhaps as a calculated strategic move, I've essentially resigned myself to "no man's land".

Meaning that often times my said "creations", are an attempt to form their own category, or do something completely unheard of. That's not the case because I'm a genius, or because I'm a visionary, rather; it's the case because ultimately I'm not talented enough to succeed in bonafide fields, yet I have an intense desire to succeed in whatever capacity I can.

The simplest explanation I can present goes as follows. 10 children are playing sandlot baseball in a neighborhood. They all have certain areas of expertise; they can all excel at their chosen positions in the field. I, instead of working laboriously to be proficient at baseball; go back to my room and create my own "game". I then go back to the baseball field and tell those players that they're all suckers unless they're good at my game. Of course I'm naturally the best at it, cause I made it up and will forever have the most experience with it.

Maybe the game really blows. Remember though, it's not important to me, because I'm good at it. Ultimately I'm not sure if that's a cop-out or really cool. And again ultimately, I believe my legacy(what a load) will leave only 2 arguable positions: "what that guy did was a cop-out" or "what that guy did was really cool".

No comments: