In the bag

Ran out of liquor, have no money to buy more. What to do?

1- go in unlocked cars and pawn peoples stereos for enough to buy some wild irish rose

2- start spending time with "friends" who have alcohol, and explicitly and secretly drink as much of it as I can

3- do what anthony burgess did(always the right move) and start drinking "overstrong"(twice as strong) tea

The last one might be a bit confusing for you, but tea has similar muscle relaxant properties as alcohol. Of course not in similar amount, which is why one should make it overstrong if they're drinking it for that reason.

So I'm squeezing 10 teabags into a big vat of almost boiling water, and It's not turning brown fast enough. The water was clear, and when it's tea it's brown. And if it's overstrong tea, it must have to be overbrown. So I get a large spoon and squeeze the mass of teabags against the side of the pot, as if squeezing life out of it(I might be doing just that).

I realize at the same time that I have a portion of snus in. It's tobacco in a teabag, essentially, and when you need a hit you squeeze it with your lip. I realized all at one that my life is squeezed out of bags. When I drink liquor it's to get "in the bag", but if I can't get in it, at least I can squeeze as much as possible out.

So, can I accomplish what I set out to do in life, with the power I have squeezed? It's in the bag.

No comments: