Psychoanalyze this, bitch

I stayed up last night several hours past my self-imposed bedtime to read the glossary of psychiatric terms on wikipedia. Because most of these are non-english words(hence the need for a glossary), They all involve rather extreme psychotic disturbances. My reaction upon reading each one was to either remember a time I felt vaguely similar, attempt to feel that way myself, or imagine seeing someone acting in that manner. As you might imagine, I was feeling pretty hot and bothered by the end of reading it and accompanying articles.

Feeling as though mental illness was knocking on my skull for entry and ready to sneak his friends in, I was worried about nightmares and other sleep problems. For the moments before slipping into slumber I reassured myself that I was sane, strong as a damn ox, and would wake up feeling like a million bucks. Strangely, I was correct. I slept a solid block of time, and towards the end of it, I had a wonderful dream, which goes as such:

I woke up on the apex of a snow covered hill, as If I had slept there for the night. On my belly, Like a human sled, I inched over the crest, and my completely rigid body(possibly resulting from reading this) slid down the hill with ease, and continued to slide around on the flat foot of the hill for a time, before running into looser snow. At this point, my brother was around, and I was on a slightly downhill road with patches of ice. My brother could also slide on just his belly, and between patches of ice, he could inexplicably "jump", while still on his belly, over gaps in the ice to continue sliding. When I got up to continue sledding, I still felt as though my body was a rigid board(the experience was felt like I was a wooden sled myself), though I had full mobility. I joined him in sliding on and "jumping" patches of ice, feeling very exhilarated.

Then I woke up. I wish I could buy my subconcious it's favorite flavor of ice cream- for turning the sensation of certain mental collapse into a carefree sensation of unaltered joy. The psychiatry nazis would probably say I'm disturbed and prescribe "corrective" medication.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny thing is the "corrective" medication would probably give you vivid dreams. Happened to me a few times and it was great. I had a pet snake-like reptile that was probably at least 20 feet long swimming in the 2 foot deep water in my room. Fed him some fish. Not bad.