the final word on alcohol

I started drinking in earnest about 1 year and 2 months ago. When I type "drinking in earnest" I mean casually dosing myself with alcohol whenever I feel the need, usually daily, much like a caffeine or nicotine user.

Since starting, whether I drink or not, alcohol enters my thoughts daily. The thought is seductive for some reason, and what's more important than whether I drink or not is whether I waste all my time whining about it.

Q: What's worse than an alcoholic?
A: A person who doesn't drink, but talks about it all the time.

I don't care if I'm sober or drunk, I just want to be at peace about my choices. Finally, I feel like I am. Don't blink:

Alcohol makes life more dramatic.

There it is. Sometimes, life being more dramatic is exactly what you need. If you've carefully made your life choices, and are stuck doing something that bores you or you want to quit, have 1-33 drinks. If, however, you're life is out of hand, completely unpredictable and you want things to fall into a recognizable order- cut the booze.

That's all, folks. The crazy water makes you do crazy things. Sometimes that's really good, and sometimes that's really bad. You be the judge. If you don't stay on top of it, you'll end up a wino or a responsible father.

Be careful.

No comments: