flakes

There are many ways a person expresses guilt without exactly saying so. Example:

"this is a filthy/bad habit"

"I don't usually do this that much"

"I'll pay for this tomorrow"

"I don't do this like I used to"

Any of these phrases express a weakness of character. Not because of the persons "bad" action, but because they refuse to state any convictions.

Guilt is nothing wrong, if the person simply says "I lack control over my behavior, and I feel bad about it". On the other hand, if the person doesn't feel guilt, they should express "I am choosing to do this because I want to".

These phrases, and similar ones, take a wishy-washy position that expresses something like "I am a servant to my carnal desires, but at the same time want to fit within societal norms. Because I don't know your personal opinions on this matter, I will simply address the existence of my action and read your response in order to calculate my next statement to be in line with your expectations"

No comments: