I want to be old

Why do I want to be older? Older people are given the benefit of the doubt, and a certain amount of respect that young adults and children can't count on. A child's life is loose pebbles, a young adults is wet concrete, and an old persons is cinder block. No one is trying to tell and old person how it is and how its going to be. They get to truly be themselves. Observe:



This young woman smoking looks like she's playing with her toys.



This old man smoking looks like he knows what he's doing.



This guy looks like a total fucking tool. I'd like to tell him to knock it off.



If I told this guy to knock it off, it looks like I'd get the shit smacked out of me.

I think it's human instinct to let old people be themselves. They look like they've dealt with enough shit already; so much so that you should just let them be. I'd trade looks and athleticism for that any day.

No comments: